A place to share struggles and triumphs, a place to bless and serve - but never a place to murmur or complain. 

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sister Kinghorn in Ukraine

Okay, are you ready to sob - because this is what it's all about. The Kinghorns are Humanitarian Service Missionaries in Ukraine. She sent me an email today and I'm going to post a number of her things at the Humanitarian Service Project Blog (Link on the right). I'll include here some of the links to specific posts as well. I can't help but cry as I read about the work they do, and I am so grateful to be able to help in some small way the children and families of the world.

This is what she wrote as an introduction to the blog:
My husband Bruce and I are Missionaries with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are serving a Humanitarian Mission in Ukraine. The focus of the Church's Humanitarian work is to relieve the suffering of the poor and needy. Every week we visit charitable organizations such as orphanages, shelters, boarding schools for the handicapped, special hospice homes, and hospitals. We have met some incredible people who dedicate their lives to helping others. We hope to share with you a glimpse of what those experiences are like for us and the wonderful blessings we have enjoyed while being on the Lord's errand.


1 comment:

Annie said...

I love her blog too. What a great addition to your humanitarian focus.