A place to share struggles and triumphs, a place to bless and serve - but never a place to murmur or complain. 

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Don't Take Offense At The Truth

I know that the words of truth are hard against all uncleanness;
but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken.
2 nephi 9:40

To teach the young to love the truth above personal convenience is the basis of it. They will be taught true courage, which becomes a living and attractive virtue when it is regarded not as a willingness to die manfully, BUT AS A DETERMINATION TO LIVE DECENTLY. They will be taught honesty by habit and as a matter of course...Such is the power gained from loving the Lord, our God, and serving Him in righteousness.
president thomas s. monson

~Truth shall spring forth out of the earth...Psalm 85:11
~The truth will make you free...John 8:32
~Christ is the way and the truth...John 14:6
~The guilty always take the truth to be hard...1 nephi 16:2-3
~Glory in the truth...2 nephi 33:6
~The Spirit will always speak the truth...Jacob 4:13

1 comment:

Lara said...

I love that quote by President Monson. I think our examples are paramount in this and even though I hadn't read this quote yet, it is the reason I got up and got my kids to church today. I really struggle with the inconvenience of 9am church with dh gone by 6am for meetings and me (the so-not-morning-person) left to do the rest. That's not a complaint or a murmur :) I am grateful for the opporunity to work through this challenge and to teach the kids that we go to church each Sunday whether it is easy or not. I really hope this is a lesson my kids will learn. I probably need to be a little more cheerful about the whole thing :)