A place to share struggles and triumphs, a place to bless and serve - but never a place to murmur or complain. 

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Look Up!

My Dad recently gave me a blessing and counseled me to pour my heart out to the Lord. I feel like I'm always talking to the Lord, but I need to find a time a place when focus more on what I'm telling him, and really think about what I'm telling him, too. I had one of those days last Saturday. Not out of the normal for me right now - just a huge struggle when I wasn't expecting a huge struggle. It was heavy on my heart. Still brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Anyway, I was headed into Wal-Mart for some last minute groceries, my head was dropped low. I was trying not to cry. I heard that voice in my heart - "Look up." I'm thinking, "I know - the lovely blue sky with white fluffy clouds always makes me smile. . ." but then again - "Look UP."
Right there, just like on any other Wal-Mart in the world "Open 24 hours." I remembered my Dad's blessing, and then I hear. "I'm here for you."
Funny how the Lord can use those little every day things to teach us the most powerful of lessons, isn't it?

2 comments:

EarlGirl said...

I love that. It's so nice to get a "I'm here, and I love you" message.

Allison said...

What a sweet, tender mercy.